Sunday, March 29, 2009

Good Linens Gone Bad

You will probably not surprised by my shock and horror when I show you what I found as I opened the dryer door on Saturday afternoon:


Yes. These are my lovely Sferra Bros. Hemstitched 20" monogrammed napkins warped in a wrinkly, un-ironed mess.

Thankfully, the weekend got better from here. I was glad to have time to get serious and take care of some much needed household TLC, as well as some over-due shopping (March Madness is the perfect time to plan shopping trips to girly stores).

Once back home, I began to tackle the necessities. I whipped out my iron:


Got busy with the folding:

And finally redeemed some of my linens back to a respectable state:


Next, I whipped up a quick batch of cookie dough (Recipe coming soon! I'll let you in on my secret to making perfect chocolate chip cookies every time- perhaps one of the wife-iest necessities of all time):


...and was able to yield some pleasing results, as I am told by our special Saturday night dinner guests. Hubby made some delish homemade pizza, which probably deserves its own post one day. He's got the technique down to a science, and it's always a crowd pleaser!

We spent Sunday afternoon celebrating a very special birthday for a very special niece:


enjoyed some Mediterranean take-out, and called it a weekend.

Next up, I've got some exciting and helpful things to share, so keep your eyes peeled for:

-Chronicles of our upcoming adventure to the Texas Hill Country
-A special Wifey Wednesday skill you won't want to miss
-Kitchen safety tips, unfortunately inspired by my sweet friend's knife boo-boo that landed her in the hospital:


Feel better soon, Miss Britches :)

Here's to a delightful last week of March and first week of April!

1 comment:

  1. When reviewing kitchen safety, please don't forget our little northern incident! The world must be warned.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails