Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Love Lamp

Maybe it because I lived for two years with a roommate who was obsessed with optimal lighting, or maybe it I am feeling plagued by the serious lack of lamps around our place, but all of a sudden, I am really interested in lamps...








So, these NM delights are a little out of my newlywed price range, but there's no reason I can't use them for inspiration. A pretty pair of lamps can really add up, so my plan is to give a lamp makeover to my house. I even have the PERFECT candidate for a lamp makeover sitting right here in my own backyard- well, desk, but you get the idea:




As you could probably guess, I am now realizing why my mom said, "Oh sure, take it--please!" when we moved into our new place. The poor lamp can't even stand straight up! And its looking a little outdated... I am dying to cover it in new, shiny paint. Possibly white, black....or even navy blue. Random? Seemingly, but it would look wonderful with our ink blue matine toile bedroom (which is where our desk is). I also have these little bedside table lamps that have been with me since middle school. The white stand with yellow shade did the trick for my little girl room, but I think they are ready for a grown-up update. I am thinking dark stand with precious patterned shade. Preferably, I would like round drum-shaped shades. Criteria? Must match this:




Obviously, this is not our actual room, but you get the idea. Navy blue (almost black) would totally work, and I think that's what I'm leaning towards... I guess there's always the option of using a contrasting color too. I'm taking ideas and suggestions!
Get excited for my lamp makeover reveal! I can't promise you I will be super fast at whipping this project out, but I can promise you that I will show you how everything turned out.
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I always love a good lamp-make-over. Years ago my mom (with her great eye) bought me two shabby chic lamps at Joann's, just because she loved the bases. They're cute crafted metal that's white washed creme. She always intended for me to replace the dated shades but that was two years ago. I always search the for sale shades at anthro but no luck yet. Cute shades can be expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously my favorite post thus far. Inappropriate lighting is probably one of the biggest mood busters out there. Thank God you are shedding light on this...no pun intended!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails