Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rethinking Fredericksburg

During our recent trip to Fredericksburg, one of my all-time favorite Texas towns, I was blown away by how much the little town has grown. While I expected (and was very pleased!) to find the usual antiques,

art,


and shabby-chic/Hill Country furniture (so I can pretend I'm remodeling my house into a dreamy bed and breakfast),


I was especially excited to discover some new, fresh designs in Freddie like this super-fun couch (definitely not a repeat from years past!):



and these amazingly up-to-date accessories:



You must know that this was quite a breath of fresh air as I'm not so into the Brighton jewelry commonly found around town :)

My favorite find comes next. I immediately fell for these gorgeous Guanajuato platters:


I am a complete sucker for Mexican pottery and Talavera. This particular set also had service for 12 available with perfect 5-piece place settings. All plates had a unique design and coloration and I was going crazy with the saleslady on mixing, matching and dreaming up endless possibilities!



It was truly the perfect combination of Western-Cowboy-Mexican influence that I can't seem to get enough of. I was very tempted to purchase the entire set on the spot, but Hubby was keeping a tight eye on me (probably a good thing when it comes to me getting near china of any kind).

After our big day of shopping, we thankfully found this lovely little garden surprise! The weather was exceptionally good, so we took advantage of it as the perfect reading spot:



Are you in love with Fredericksburg yet?

Before you start feeling too sorry for Hubby because of my particularly (and perhaps grossly) girly excitement over these fun finds, please know that there were plenty of husband-friendly attractions in the 'Berg.' Hubby ended up dragging me into a few places! Did I mention that Fredericksburg is a historic German town famous for beer, food, more food and wine? Trust me, the husbands act like they don't want to go, but then they never want to leave. That's because they find this:



and this:


and this:


Everyone's happy! Now that's unbiased reporting, right?!

3 comments:

  1. I want to go to Fred....it gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun! i have only been through there once, never for a stay! maybe we can head down sometime and meet yall there in our next dream life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay I'm in.

    that couch alone makes the drive worth it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails