Thursday, October 7, 2010

Yankee Foliage

Yes, it is Maine again. Though I've never been to Maine in my life prior to being a Texas-transplant-in-New-England, I had the great pleasure to visit the state twice over the past month.

The first visit, I just shared - we saw miles of sunny beaches, cheery cottages and overflowing ice cream cones! In my laundry I even found sand and sunscreen slathered t-shirts.

Now, seasons have changed. Our second trip to Maine showed us a side of the state we had not yet seen. This time, we were greeted by a sea of color unlike anything we'd ever seen.

















So this is true fall, I suppose! I hope you enjoy. I'm told the foliage will only get more beautiful as the month of October continues. Just pretty-please don't remind me what comes after this picture-perfect fall.

A simple thought, yes, but as my fellow southern friends can attest, we grew up hearing about Northeastern "fall." We were told that even though we went back to school in August when the thermometer read 106, it was still kosher to call this time "fall." So if you're sitting at home sweating today in Dallas, Austin or El Paso, you can totally relate to my state of awe that there is a season after all, happily squished in between scorching summer and frigid winter :)





















































Hopefully we'll be able to venture up to Vermont in the next couple of weeks for what yankeefoliage.com predicts to be the weeks of "peak foliage" for the region (I know what you're thinking... yankee? foliage? But it's a pretty great site, you have to admit).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails