Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Potting Project

This past weekend, Hubby and I were happy to acquire two little pressies.

One from my mother:

This added just the touch of cheer to our otherwise fresh flower-less dining table.
(Note the usage of silver creamer as a simple flower vase...Mom said she snatched this up at an estate sale for $4! Add your own flowers and viola!)


And one from hubby's mother:


These awesome planters actually belonged to Hubby's beloved grandmother, Nanny. We are so glad to have these lovely planters on our patio, as a garden is something we must look forward to having in the future :) I should have taken a picture that showed the scale of these guys-- they are enormous! And quite heavy and sturdy. I think our mini-garden will be quite successful in them.

We are trying to decide just what to put inside. Veggies? Herbs? Cascading ivy? I will keep you posted, no doubt. We are very interested in choosing a plant native to our region-- the hot summer months are a death sentence for most delicate petals.

Happy Tuesday!


3 comments:

  1. hallie! i just posted about my garden today! I have so much fun mixing plants in big planters. Those pots look awesome. You could always do a mixture of herbs and flowers. J's mama mixed some lavender with trailing ivy and caladiums and it's pretty. The options are endless--can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will soon have an urban herb garden of my own! Hopefully it will surive life on the fire escape. The herbs will be supplied by the soccer club fundraiser of little cuz Cass :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you plant in the lovely planters??? I want to know!! oh oh the suspense!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails