Sunday, October 24, 2010

How to Get a Husband

It's simple, really. And Jane Austen's Mrs. Bennett would be proud, I think, of the scheme I'm going to show you. I'm certainly not in the market for a husband, but if I were, I'd make this. Hubby pretty much melted out of his chair when he ate this last night (and then again tonight).





















It is the ultimate love recipe - slow braised beef, creamy mashed potatoes, savory-smelling kitchen... all things good.

My brother and sister-in-law and their three sweet kiddos gave me an excellent birthday gift, which was really so generous - it was such a treat to receive.  Without further ado, The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Since September, I haven't put this cookbook down. If you're not familiar with the Pioneer Woman (PW), I highly recommend you click immediately over to her blog, which is awesome, I must say.

This weekend, the temperatures were a little bit cooler, which left Hubby and me feeling a little cold and sorry for ourselves. But no fear, pot roast and mashed potatoes were on the way. The Pioneer Woman's pot roast and mashed potatoes, to be accurate.

You can see the recipes I used from her here and here. I could not recommend this dish more highly for a satisfying and cozy treat on a crisp fall day. Plus... pot roast atop mashed potatoes? Need I say more?

We bought a 3 lb. chuck, and it heartily fed us for two dinners, and I still get to bring a little to the office for lunch tomorrow (did I mention how much Hubby eats? This is saying something).

Happy cooking!







1 comment:

  1. The Pioneer Woman’s recipe is very popular on the Internet. I love searching for new recipes and I always come across hers. It is my favorite one to make! Whenever I make her pot roast I use grass fed beef and it adds even more flavor! I work with La Cense Beef, and grass fed beef is lower in omega 6 higher in omega 3 acids. It is a healthy alternative to grain fed beef.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails