Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wifey Wednesday

I know I'm supposed to be taking the household by the horns and sharing some healthy recipes to get your 2011 started off on the right track, but how could I possibly overlook what I am about to show you...?

My new cousin (!) Mallory showed me the ropes.

Seriously. You should make these cookies. Even if you don't ever make it to the actual baking, I can't blame you. The dough alone is worth whipping up just for raw cookie dough's sake. These cookies are simple and maybe that's the beauty of them. The cinnamon flavor is undeniable, though, and incredibly festive for enjoying on a cozy New Year's Day night - just like we did last week!

Ingredients
2 1/4 C flour
3/4 + 3/4 C granulated sugar (another option is to use 1/2 granulated and 1/2 brown - your choice! Our brown sugar was past prime, so we made a game-time substitution for another serving of granulated - still delicious!)
2 tbsp cinnamon (or more... don't be shy!)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 stick butter
1 12 oz. package milk chocolate chips (we got these extra-large chips at Whole Foods)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350
Combine flour and sugar
Melt butter, add to mixture
Crack eggs and add to mixture
Add baking soda, salt, vanilla and cinnamon (use a lot of cinnamon - it should thinly coat the other ingredients siting in the mixing bowl; see how the batter has a brownish tint? That is solely from the cinnamon, if that gives you an idea of quantity)
Add chocolate chips (the entire bag!)
Bake for 8 minutes and promptly remove from oven to cool on baking sheet
Serve and enjoy!

Do you even want to see what we ate for dinner before this decadence? 


Wish I was kidding just a little bit.

Thankfully, over the course of the weekend, we developed a timely and special motto: diet starts Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Uhhhhhhhhhh ... total health nut here annnnnnnnnd I'm trying to {cook low-fat-like} help my hubby lode some lbs. BUT I must make these. today.

    PS ~ love your pix. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin! I know how you feel... I love to be healthy too, BUT I've found that a special and fun meal here and there doesn't totally ruin things. Everything in moderation :) Another trick is that these meals motivate me to keep running (my exercise of choice). We're trying to get back into shape for 2011, so sorry if many of my recipes do not help the cause! I've got something healthy coming up on Friday, so keep your eyes peeled :)

    For my photos, I use a Canon PowerShot SD1400. It was an anniversary gift we bought ourselves last year and we LOVE it! I initially wanted to go the SLR route, but due to expense, Hubby suggested I practice with this one to see how committed of a photographer I am :)

    I also use Photoshop CS5, which I just got for Christmas, so I'm really trying to learn the ropes. Thanks for bearing with me while I try things out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallie, I was thinking the same thing as your friend...your pictures are great. I feel I can reach out and grab a morsel...heck..a huge bite. Your meals look fab.... The hamburger stack...so cool. I think you may have a new, fantastic gig going like Margie..in her Margie Moment Catering world in Dallas. Can't wait to find out what you are doing next. Drool...Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! I will be baking these soon :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails