Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting in Gear

Finding the right snow boots is a challenge. Last year, I thought I was all set between my Uggs and my Hunters (plus fleece liners)... and I kind of was.... until the real snow actually came. While I do love both pairs, I quickly discovered the limitations of each. Wet conditions made it impossible to preserve my soft and cozy Uggs if I actually wore them in the mess, so those became reserved strictly for dry days. However, here in Boston, snowy days are truly the norm during the (long) winter, so I was therefore left with my Hunters. While durable and waterproof to boot (they are normally my go-to walk-to-work shoe when the weather isn't freezing) I found that they are simply not warm - even with the fleece liners. The rubber shoe just wasn't cutting it. 
 
This year we've already had our first snow (in October...sick!), so I'm determined to hone in on the right shoes to get me through the winter. Naturally, I've already done a lot of shopping, I just haven't made any decisions quite yet. The below are my top favorites, but I'd love to know if anyone has any weathered advice :) For me, musts are: waterproof, fleece/shearling-lined, relatively easy on/off. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit on cuteness if it means I'll be warm and comfortable. Any ideas?? Ready, go!
snow, snow, snow


Ugg australia boots
$275 - zappos.com

The north face boots
$170 - nordstrom.com

The north face boots
$165 - bloomingdales.com

The North Face waterproof leather boots
$155 - bloomingdales.com

The North Face knee high lace up boots
$140 - bloomingdales.com

Sorel suede boots
$140 - nordstrom.com

The North Face wedge bootie
$90 - bloomingdales.com

3 comments:

  1. Well girl, you know I have no clue seeing as though I've lived in Texas practically my entire life. However, I am loving those white North Face boots. I bet they are super warm too! Those are my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been too long since I have needed real winter boots. However, I will say that in college in the PNW I saw a lot of Sorels. And naturally I agree that it is also hard to go wrong with North Face. So many lovely choices!
    Much love,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas - I suppose I will have to put my feet in some pairs and make a decision before long! Trying to live in denial for the moment :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails