Monday, January 11, 2010

Best Foot Forward

I decided it was time to be a big girl and get some weather appropriate footwear.

For rainy days:




 For chilly days:




You know, I have not always been a fan of the Ugg (I have noticed that a few others are also coming around to the Ugg side). In fact, at one time, I would have considered myself a strict anti-Ugger. I don't know exactly what it was, but one day it just hit me - man would I be warm if my feet were in some Uggs instead of these silly ballet flats when its 19 degrees outside!

Tired of my constantly frozen feet, I went ahead and snatched up this pair on sale (!) during Last Call clearance. Ahhh, I love a good sale. But more importantly, I can't wait to be warm and toasty when FedEx delivers my sanity at the end of the week. Hopefully Dallas winter won't be over by then :)

Future Uggs to purchases (hopefully) include, but are not limited to:





and,



and,





As for the Hunters, it looks like I'll have to fork over the full price, so I'm still deciding which color to pick....



or...

 


or





????

Kind of loving the high-gloss pea green :)


3 comments:

  1. I agree about the pea green. Delightful.

    Interestingly, I've been coming around to the Ugg lately as well. My feet are just so cold! I might go off-brand though just to keep my opinion in place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright Hal, here is my New-England expertise. Hunter boots = fabulous. Those babies allow me to get through ANYTHING, be it a foot of snow or a puddles of springtime mud (melted snow). AND, you can buy these nifty fleece liners, which you slip in for added warmth in winter. Kinda like the Ugg effect, without the Uggness. And your feet fit tighter with the fleece liners so you can grip better on an icy sidewalk. I've got hunter green boots (from Ebay!) and navy liners. My mom got the yellow ones.

    ... And now you have proof that I read your blog. :) - Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Uggs, Hallie! And so funny you posted about the Wellies b/c I have been wanting a pair, as well. Although I may test out this pair from Charlotte Russe first: http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800945&searchId=44837324623.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails