Thursday, November 10, 2011

My run-in with RR

The only thing better than knowing Ryan Reynolds is in your town filming an upcoming movie is actually running into Ryan Reynolds on your way home from work!

Let me set the scene:

It is Monday and I decide to stick around the office slightly longer than usual so my next morning will run smoothly, but at about 6:45, I decide it is time to begin the journey home.

I head down my usual route, call my dad and we begin to discuss our latest recipe tries and successes. I note to him that "oh, they're filming again" as I plow toward Park Street and and make my way. However, this time something is different. Silent. I can't help but notice a determined looking fellow wearing a Red Sox hat guiding two confident men across the street - the two men and I exchange glances and smiles - and as soon as I have the good sense to understand what was going on he had passed. I JUST RAN INTO RYAN REYNOLDS! Oh, and Jeff Bridges, too.

Clearly, I didn't have the good sense to snap photos ASAP, however, my Dad can attest to my instant loss for words and teenager-like drooling over this superstar who just locked eyes with me.

The next day, I and a pal from the office returned to the scene with the hope of catching just one more glimpse, but alas, producers heeded us away. 

We: giddy girls with iPhone cameras

They: serious security men clearly enjoying their sudden authority

I got what I could, so here are some day-after shots from the fortuitous location - my for-sure new favorite intersection in Boston:



Case in point, I'm not good at recognizing celebrities, so I'm glad you can share in this small milestone with me. Also, the movie they are filming is called RIPD, scheduled to premiere in 2013. Thought it seems an eternity away, I have no doubt it will be here basically tomorrow. Until then, I'll keep scouting and bringing you updates as necessary. Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmmm what?! Ryan Reynolds and Ryan Gosling are my 2 celebrity obesessions. THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails