Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sprucing-up with Scent

Looking to spruce up your space in an aromatic way, but feel your efforts are trumped after the vacuum leaves behind that icky, hot, electric-smelling trail? Here's a little secret I can offer that will perfume your space in just the right way- and, it's lasting.

Remember those fragrance diffusers that may or may not still emit scent after sitting on your side table for 2+ years? Well, here's a way to...reinvent them. Dab some oil from your diffuser on a cotton ball or two, toss in your vacuum bag, and done! After your make your vacuum rounds, your house will smell like heaven.




This is a little chore I plan to do today before our company arrives tonight. We're having some couples over from church, and planning a delicious homemade menu. Stay tuned for more details! Here is a preview of our table:




I wanted to create a special setting, without making it stuffy. Hubby helped me come up with the perfect combo. I had originally gone overboard with the gold (yes, we're talking gold flatware and chargers), but thankfully he lovingly suggested that I take it down a notch :) And, yes, that is plastic wrap on my trivets. That's another little trick. Keeping air away from your silver ensures the pieces will be nice and shiny 'till it's time for the party! Now let's hope I don't forget to take the wrapping off in time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails