Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blooms and Dinner Party Prep


This morning I awoke to a most glorious sight:




We finally have a bloom! Well, actually, two blooms. Our Gardenias have come full-term and are just completely bursting with more potential flowers. As you can imagine, I was ecstatic to find these dainty white lovelies during my morning watering routine.

Tonight we're having some friends over for Hubby's homemade pizza. Naturally, I laid out all of our serving pieces for the occasion last night, so here's a (very teeny) little preview:



Nothing too exciting yet! However, I did get to vacuum, set the table, and arrange various vignettes around the apartment, which was (perhaps to my own embarrassment) a luscious dessert for me last evening. I've also prepared a tasty broth in which to steam an artichoke, and a yummy dip to go with it while hubby simmered his sauce and rounded his pizza pies. I can't wait to tell you how our new appetizer fares!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails