Thursday, December 2, 2010

Meatloaf

Do you like meatloaf? I sense it can be a polarizing dish. As a child I felt the need to hide my love for this notorious cafeteria food... but thankfully, I can come clean with my love for meatloaf because comfort foods have truly made a comeback. I've been pleased to find this hearty course on many a modern menu.

For an easy dinner, here's a meatloaf topping that is easy and delicious - and I bet you have all three ingredients in your pantry right now. We buy our meatloaf "ready to bake" from the grocery store (Whole Foods for us here in Cambridge, but Dallas people, CM has these prepared loaves near the butcher's area). Obviously, homemade is probably better, but the ready to make version is just fine when you want minimal involvement with dinner preparations :)

Personalize yours with this super easy topping from Paula Deen:

Ingredients:
1/3 C ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp prepared mustard (I used Dijon because that's what we had on hand, and it tasted delish)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375
Mix topping ingredients and spread on your meatloaf
Bake for 1 hour


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails