Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happiness and Cheer

Christmas time is here! These are a few of my favorite things (in no particular order):

Poinsettias

























Sparkly ornaments




















































Festive Dishtowels (please note the brown/yellow cuteness Hubby's momma made for me! I love it so much that I force my other linens to match it, regardless of season)


























And the sure-tell sign it is Christmas at our house...the arrival of Mrs. Hanes' Moravian Cookies! It is always the first treat to arrive and signals the official start to our season. They are sent each and every year (for as long as I can remember in my 25 years!) by my sweet Aunt Barbara. The delicate stacks of cookies come wrapped in tissue paper inside a bright red tin. I always imagine that Mrs. Hanes has made them just for me! What could be more cheerful? Sugar crisps, ginger crisps... I'm not sure which is my favorite, but what I do know, is that they never last quite until Christmas between Hubby and me - these cookies + a sip of eggnog make our favorite midnight snack :)





























Look who already settled down for a long winter's nap!

P.S. Shutterfly notified me that our Christmas cards are almost here!!! We received the return address labels, so here's a little preview of what's to come...

Can't wait to get the actual cards off and in the mail to our fams :) Remember last year's l-a-t-e card connundrum?

And no, that's not our real address, don't worry. Though it would be cool to live in unit 007.

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute! I love that you've been blogging more. And those cookies look DELISH!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails