Monday, August 10, 2009

Talavera Tutelage

I cannot even think of where to begin, and I hate to be one of those constantly-apologizing-for-lack-of-recent-post bloggers, but...that said...my apologies.

I've been here on the Farm in Pittsburg,


and here on the beach in Cabo,


and here in the West Valley of El Paso (well, actually this is technically in New Mexico),


having a ball, yes, and taking many many photos to share on LAW (I'm not certain I love the acronym...sounds a little...serious), but finding myself without much time to sit down and hammer out some new reads.

So, without further ado, let's talk Talavera.


You might be familiar with the authentic Mexican pottery traditionally (and officially) from the town of Puebla. If not, I think I might be about to introduce you to some of the most fun, cheerful and beautiful tableware I've seen (I feel I've seen a lot, but that could be naive).

My Talavera affair first began when I was a child, visiting my mother's family in El Paso. My mother and grandmother both also love the plates, so I think it was basically in my genes.

In San Jose del Cabo, we came across the famous Necri store, an authentic Talavera dealer:



Inside, I was like a kid in a candy store (insert dreamy music here):







Finally, after literally three trips back to the store (I take FOREVER to shop... I am terribly afraid of buyer's remorse), I decided on this pretty little creamer and covered sugar and two matching mugs:



and I couldn't be more thrilled with the decision! I decided the blue and white was a good jumping off point for beginning my new collection. I'd eventually like to add the service tray, more mugs, and, well, the entire 12-person setting plus service pieces, to be honest :) Heck, it's dishwasher safe! Though I'm still afraid to test that out... :)

The real truth is, I love a good blue and white china pattern. Since I started off with a traditional all-white pattern for our everyday, now I'm free and easy to mix and match as I please. It was inevitable that I'd grow my collection quickly.

For any brides who love the stuff, NECRI has online registry! They'll even ship for free in handy custom crates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails