Friday, February 4, 2011

Cha-Cha-Chalupas

Ok, so we have a Mexican food problem. I can't say I didn't tell you so.


Chalupas have always been a staple meal for me. Growing up, my mom would make them practically by the dozen for me to chow down on after soccer practice or cross country training. Not to mention, they were a big-time Friday lunch favorite at girls' camp. Did I mention our camp had the best food ever? We always joked that "some people eat to live... we live to eat." Little did I know how telling this would be of my food-loving future :)

The best part is, chalupas couldn't be easier to make. You could probably tell me how to do it based on the picture, so here's a quick grocery list:

Ingredients:
flat crispy taco shells (we fried some corn tortillas - so, so good!)
shredded cheese (again, your fave - we used cheddar)
refried beans, warmed
shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes
jalapenos (opt)
salsa (we love our spicy El Fenix salsa shipped straight from the Big D!)
guacamole, sour cream, etc are all great extras :)

Directions:
Assemble, silly!
(aren't you glad this doesn't involve cooking? we've worked hard enough this winter)




TGIF my friends. If you did not get a chance to download a fun iPhone wallpaper yesterday, check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Chalupas!! I like to melt the cheese over the beans in the oven sometimes before topping them. Glorias has some great chalupas. Yumm-o!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails