Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Boston, here we come

Did I mention we're moving to Boston?

I think many of you know by now, but in the midst of excitement and planning, I may have left this little announcement untold to the wider world :)

Come August 1, the Lewises will reside in Cambridge, MA, very near the Harvard Business School, which Hubby will attend daily.

Apologies for our quiet state lately, but we've got some serious stuff going on.

So where to begin?

The new apartment.






















The selling of the cars. Anyone want to buy our Yukon? It's a great car, and still available. Not to brag ...ahem... but my 4Runner (my first and only car... tear) sold within 36 hours of posting it on Autotrader. I may be biased, but an attachment grows after 9 years.























The acquisition of the new car. My sweet grandparents donated their more mileage-friendly vehicle for our adventure.






















The packing.






















So far, packing is overwhelming - does anyone have a few great tips for us!?

Clearly, we've got lots to share, and we'll be dishing it out for you as we prepare to head up North... in our rented Budget truck, trailed by Grandmother's Subaru Outback. Get excited.

4 comments:

  1. So this may be creepy, but I have been reading your blog through a while now - I found you through my friend Leslie! I went to college in Boston, so I just wanted to offer up any recommendations or advice if you need it - feel free to send me an email!
    - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm also trying to figure out from the pic where your apartment is.. are you on the HBS side of the river or near the square? Also, we have an HBS summer fellow in my office who is awesome and volunteered to answer any questions Mark has regarding anything school related. I would also like to nominate myself as your official welcome wagon. I'll send you an email soon! PS. Looove the subaru, you will so fit in in New England, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    We LOVED Cambridge when we went to visit Erin & Jonathan last fall! LOVEDDDDDDDDD omg how fun!

    I bet you're even MORE glad now that you named your dog Dixie.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, everyone! we are thrilled and can't believe it's coming up so soon!

    katie - i may email you for restaurant recs/must-see places

    virginia - i wouldn't love any other welcome committee more! oh, and we are in cambridge, near the square

    leslie - if we ever doubted the name dixie, it is certainly not now


    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails